Housing Case Manager
Supervisor: Housing Operations Manager
Hours per Week: 0-40+
Pay Grade: 12.50 – 18.50/hr (DOE)
The Housing Case Manager provides case management to homeless individuals in permanent supportive housing with the goal of attaining independent housing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides supportive listening and guidance to residents as needed
- Works cooperatively and communicates with the security staff
- Enforces CLUB’s policies and procedures for both staff and the residents
- Identifies tenants with mental health and/or substance abuse issues. Refers for treatment
- Coordinates services with the Clinical team and/or Drug and Alcohol Treatment team as necessary
- Provides clients with support services and/or makes referrals or linkages to other community agencies to resolve barriers to housing, employment, and other basic needs
- Meets with clients on a weekly basis, maintains thorough and accurate case files and program statistics in compliance with funding requirements and objectives; tracks clients’ progress and re-evaluates goals as necessary
- Interfaces with other program staff to assure communication, consistency, and teamwork
- Provides a summary of all residents (new or renew) including information as to the reason for their homelessness, specific problems or issues they are experiencing and income status
- Attends all staff meetings as assigned
- Documents all housing residents’ activities, incidents, and other pertinent information
- Provides transportation and escort services to appointments if necessary
- Assesses resident’s work readiness, makes referrals, and provides job search skills training. Creates and maintains job listings
- Follows the directives of supervisory staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two years experience working in property management, social work, or related fields
- Good data entry skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Neat, professional appearance
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated with follow-through capabilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be physically able to walk steps.
- Must be physically able to assist residents, including those who may be physically disabled, in the event of a facility evacuation.
- Must be physically able to lift boxes of food and cleaning supplies as necessary.